Samsung Mobile PC Suite-Connecting Samsung phone to PC

Samsung mobile PC suite is a collection of tools and drivers used to connect Samsung mobiles to PC and perform various tasks such as data back, firmware update etc.  Depending on the operating systems of the mobiles and PC, there are different versions of  Samsung PC suites are available. The most popular PC suite for Samsung mobile is Samsung Kies desktop application. Another application is Samsung PC studio. But this application is discontinued and the features are added to the Samsung Kies itself. Samsung also released Samsung Kies Air, which is a mobile app through which you can connect to PC from Samsung Mobiles wirelessly. Let us have quick features of Samsung Kies Mobiles PC suite for Desktops.

Samsung Mobile PC suite  Download
Samsung Kies

1. Samsung Kies 3 : This is the latest version of Samsung Mobile PC suite. Samsung has done lot of tweaking and improvement on the performance. Even the size of the application too reduced by around 40% compared previous versions of Samsung Kies.  This desktop application from Samsung is compatible with the devices which runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or later. Below are the system requirements for the same. You can read more on this in my another post Samsung Kies 3 Features and Download.

System Requirement for Samsung Kies 3 PC suite

• Operating system: Windows XP(SP3), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8**.
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz or above (recommended).
  • RAM: 512MB (recommended).
  • Free Disk Space required: At least 200MB (recommended).
  • Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 (32 bit or above).
  • Other required softwares:
    • For Windows XP : Windows Media Player 11 or above.
    • For Windows 7 and 8 OS N, KN : Windows Media Feature Pack.

Samsung Kies 3 Compatible devices: As said earlier, this version is compatible with only the device which runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or later. So currently, Kies 3 Samsung Mobile PC suite is compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear.

Samsung Kies 2.6: This is the most commonly compatible Mobile PC suite for Samsung mobiles. There are many updates are released for this series. When you download and install Samsung Kies, it is highly recommended to connect to internet and update to the latest version.

System Requirements for Samsung Kies 2.6  Mobile PC suite

• Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or above (recommended).
  • RAM: 1.00GB (recommended).
  • Free Hard Disk space required: At least 500MB (recommended).
  • Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (32 bit or above).
  • Other Required software:
    • .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or above.
    • Windows Media Player 10 or above.
    • DirectX 9.0C or above.

Note:
1. Windows 8 N and Windows 8 KN editions require Microsoft’s “Media Feature Pack” which includes Windows Media Player and its corresponding support software. You can get the Media Feature Pack from the Microsoft homepage.
2. If using Kies with Windows 8 operating systems, please be advised that currently only Samsung Android OS and BADA OS based mobile devices are supported.

How to Download Samsung Mobile PC suite for Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8

You can directly download Samsung Kies Mobile PC suite from the official support page if you know the exact version of PC suite compatible with your device. Other wise, there is a  provision in the Samsung support page where in you can choose your model and download the appropriate Samsung Kies. You can refer my post on How to download Samsung Mobile PC suite for Windows for detailed instructions on the same. For downloading Samsung Kies Air app, you can get it from Google play store or Samsung app store.

Video on How to download free Samsung Mobile PC suite

How to use Samsung Mobile as modem or WiFi Hotspot

All the recently launched Samsung smartphones running on Android OS can be used as modem to connect to internet. Sharing the mobile data to PC through USB cable is called as USB tethering. If you want to share your mobile data, then you can use Bluetooth tethering or through WiFi hotspot. I have written a detailed step by step instruction on tethering on Samsung Galaxy smartphones in How use Samsung mobiles as modem to connect to internet from PC.

Samsung Kies Mobile PC suite compatible devices

Samsung C3112, Samsung C6625, Samsung Champ Camera 3303, Samsung Corby Pro GT-B5310, Samsung Duo GT-B7722, Samsung Galaxy 3, Samsung GALAXY 3 GT-i5801,Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, Samsung Galaxy Europa GT-i5500, Samsung Galaxy Gio, Samsung Galaxy Grand,Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Pro (GT-B7510), Samsung Galaxy R, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini, Samsung Galaxy S 4 Zoom, Samsung Galaxy S Advance, Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S III Mini, Samsung Galaxy S IIIα, Samsung Galaxy S Plus, Samsung Galaxy SL I9003, Samsung Galaxy Spica, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0), Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Samsung Galaxy trend, Samsung Galaxy W, Samsung Galaxy Y, Samsung Galaxy Y Pro, Samsung GT-C3200, Samsung GT-C3330 Champ 2, Samsung GT-C6712 STAR II Duos, Samsung GT-E2652, Samsung GT-S3370, Samsung GT-S3850 Corby 2, Samsung GT-S5233S, Samsung GT-S5260, Samsung i8910HD, Sidekick 4G, Samsung Galaxy Ace 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (This is compatible with Kies 3)

Comments

1. says

PC suite for Samsung GT-B5310 and GT-S3310i is same thing which i have provided in the post. Download the samsung kies and while configuring select the model.

2. Anonymous says

ihave dual core processor.. so will kies work on it..?? because my galaxy fit is not showing as connected device.Its starts charging as soon as i connect it to pc.. :/

3. says

ihave dual core processor.. so
    will kies work on it .. ?? because
    my galaxy fit is not showing as
    connected device .Its starts
    charging as soon as i connect it
    to pc.. :/

4. says

i need to have a pc suite for hero gt-3213. And i have a doubt that do we need the same pc suite for the phone?. and also do i have the data cable of that company or else with the other also?.

5. Anonymous says

I want to useinternet on my pc through thesamsung galaxy pop phone. I hav installed kies on my pc yet I am can't achieve the desired result. Kindly help.

6. Anonymous says

bhai mujhe yeh batao ki samsung c6712(star 2) pe se com. pe net chalehga kya or kiss se kyunki maira ohone samsung kies support nhi kr rha hai.bhai maira no.8410272889 hai msg krna

7. Anonymous says

I have samsung metro gt 3200 mobile. but i have not pc suite (samsung kies for samsung metro gt3200). where i get this pc suite?

8. Anonymous says

hi.I need P.C-Suite to use my cell as an modem for internet purpose on windows 7home basic.my mobile model is GT-C3222.

please send me on my mail id:-harishgaonkar@ymail.com

9. says

i am having samsung galaxy i 9000, iam unable to connect to pc, the message it is giving is USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED,And windos does not recognised kindly solve the problem

10. Anonymous says

sir, I have purchased samsung E2652model.i want to use it as modem in PC.But unable to to so as there is no software CD provided by the dealer.Kindly suggest me what type of software I should purchase n where I can get it?

Thanks
    chitrakanta

11. Anonymous says

hi sir plz mujha ya batado k samsung c3303 ka softwer kha sea mela ga jo mea us p-c sea cont karo net k liya.03132417039

12. says

kies can not give access to internet. i am really feeling cheated having purchased samsung galaxy fit s5670. i have wasted the whole week finding out the way to use it as modem.

13. Prabhjot says

I Need pc suit for samsung chat GT-S5270K,so that i can connect my mobile to pc and can have internet in my laptop

14. Akshay says

hi,i have samsung galaxy pop and i updated my phone software as well as kies software.at present i have kies 2.0.
    i am not able to connect internet via data cable.
    plz help me.

15. sonu chaudhary says

hi,i have samsung corby cdma SCH-F339, and i updated my phone software as well as kies software.
    i am not able to connect internet via data cable.
    plz help me.

16. says

hiii .. i have samsung galaxy pop GT-S5570 mobile. i want to connect internet to my laptop by my mobile… so i want samsung pc suite software to downloads .. plz anyone tell me .. how can i do this?

17. Anonymous says

Please send me a suitable software so that I may operate Internet from my mobile. My mobile model name is GURU DUAL 35 and mobile phone number is GT-E2152ZKMINS. My PC is having Windows XP. My e-mail is biman.roy@rediffmail.com.

18. says

I need some program who will work with mu SGH F480i. I try all versions off PC STUDIO, but every time when I open the program jump out "The PC studio recognized an error and need to close, bla,bla,bla." PLEASE HELP!

19. Anonymous says

i am trying to connect my mobile interet from kies2.0 but its not working. i have samsung galaxy pop plus GTS5570I. pls help somebody

• says

Hello Anirudh. I have samsung galaxy S5300. i have tried to dwnld samsung kies 2.0. but u wl know better y d dwnld is nt hpng. pls help me i need d pc suite badly.

• says

Try to download and install latest Samsung Kies from http://goo.gl/dIau2. Share your experience. Also if you still continue to face the issue in detail. As per your comment, it seems that you are unable to download the Kies. So it might be because of some issues with your internet connection. Share exactly the problem you are facing.

20. says

my model is samsung gt- e3213 3g. i have tried the listed pc-suites for my model. but it is working. i have many problems with finding this pc-suite for my model. can anyone help me?

• says

Try installing latest Samsung Kies from http://goo.gl/dIau2. As you might know, Samsung is no more listing this model for sale. Hence official updates is difficult to get. However, if you are specify the exact reason for looking for PC suite, i will tru to suggest you alternative solution.

21. Anonymous says

Hii i had a samsung Gt -6802 galaxy ace duos i need to connect my mobile to my laptop as modem hw can i plz help me

• says

Simple way to achieve this is by using the tethering feature. I hope you are having laptop with WiFi connectivity. Goto Settings in your Ace Duos. Select wireless and network. Then go to Tethering and portable hotspot. Select Portable hotspot. Then go to Portable WiFi hotspot settings to set your WiFi connection name and password. Now you can use your mobile internet via WiFi network on your laptop. Please let me know if you need any clarification on the same.

• says

The latest Samsung Kies works with Galaxy Duos(S duos and Ace duos). Get the latest Kies through http://goo.gl/ebLZh. Connec t your phone to the PC using USB cable, if possible connect your pc to internet through other sources, so that you can update your Kies to latest version which you cannot download directly. Let me know if you still need any other info.

22. Anonymous says

hi, i too need to download samsung pc suite on windows 7 for my galaxy gt-i9000.hopefully you still answering to queries…

• says

Please download the latest Samsung Kies given in the post. However Kies will get updates very often. As per my knowledge, only way to get latest version is by downloading Kies 2.0 and connecting it to internet. The update comes around 5MB.

• says

As you have requested I have sent you the direct download link for your model. Your device is compatible with SAMSUNG New PC Studio PC suite. You can download it from Samsung official support page for free. If you need PC suite for any other model then feel free to read my another post on how to download Samsung PC suite here.http://goo.gl/zfxsZ

Hope this helps to resolve your query.

Dhananjay,
      Can you please share why you have come to such a decision. Many thousands of people are using Kies to use internet from phone. I am also one of them. After reading your comment i come to conclusion that you are facing some issues in connecting your phone to PC for internet. Please check following things.
      1. Do you have internet connection enabled on your phone? If not contact your service provider and get it activate it. Then enable mobile data connectivity on your phone.
      2. Install Samsung Kies to get the required drivers for your system to get your phone synced with PC.
      3. Then Enable data sharing on your device.
      4. Windows will do a quick setup and your pc will be connected to internet.

Hope above steps resolves your issue. If not, kindly share your phone model number and the exact issue you are facing. As said in starting, first thing you need to verify that, your phone is connected internet. Then only Kies will help you to share your data connectivity with PC.
      I request you to not to blame on some software for the thing which you cannot do. Do a little research. Have a piece of mind. Take others help and resolve. Hope this helps.

Hi Sidhant,

1. Samsung Galaxy Y Duos is compatible with Kies 2.5.3.13043_14_1. The download instruction page i have given in the blog post. Please refer that.
      2. For connecting your laptop to net using your phone, you can either use WiFi tethering or USB tethering. If you have wifi on your laptop, no need for any software. For USB tethering you need to have drivers for your Galaxy Y duos. For connecting your laptop to internet using your phone, you can refer my post on
      http://www.techandwe.com/2013/01/how-to-use-samsung-android-smartphone.html. If you find any difficulty on this feel free revert me so that i can help you out.

• says

Hi Mahalakshmi, I have not personally used this model. However, I have checked with Samsung Customer care executive and he told me that, the model E1282t is not possible to connect to laptop for internet purposes.
      If you are looking for this for transferring the files to your phone,then
      As your device supports microSD card upto 4gb, using a simple card reader you can transfer your mp3 files to your phone. You will get basic microsd card reader for around 50rs.
      Let me know, if this helps to solve your query.

Hi Salim,

SAMSUNG GALAXY S is compatible with Samsung Kies. I have provided the Samsung Kies free download link in the post. Please refer that.
      If you are facing any specific problem in downloading the Samsung PC suite, then please leave a comment here so that I can help you on the same.

23. says

i need kind suggestion i am trying to connect my mobile samsung galaxy grand from my laptop its not getting connected need help to short out the same what is the process to obtain the same
    if there any software were should get to be downloaded plz suggest

gopal k saha

• says

Hi Gopal, as per my understanding, you are trying to use your Samsung Galaxy Grand as modem to connect to internet from PC. Is this is what you are looking for? If so, then you can do that by following method.
      1. Through Wifi tethering. In this you dont need any other software. Just enable and connect.
      2. USB tethering. To do this, you need to install PC suite for Samsung Galaxy Grand.
      Kindly refer my another post on the same. I have mentioned the detailed step by step instruction on the same.
      Feel free to write back if you still facing any issue.