The detailed review on A70 is available in my older post called Micromax A70 review. Connecting A70 as modem to PC to connect to internet is not a tough task. However it needs little tweaking. Let us start with downloading the Micromax PC suite which is USB driver. Follow the below steps to use Micromax A70 as a modem to PC.
Steps for Micromax A70 Tethering:
- First step is to download the USB driver for your A70. The free version of A70 USB driver is available here.
- Unzip the rar files of Micromax USB driver to a folder.
- Open and run USBDriver file.
- Once driver is installed successfully you will get success message.
- Than go back to the folder Phone suite.
- Open the folder there is a file Phone suite MFC application run that
- Now you’ll find the Micromax phone suite window.
- Connect the handset on comport mode and found new hardware wizard
will occur on your screen wait a while till its completes.
- Now check on the right corner of the Micromax window it indicates
that phone is connected or disconnected.
- If it shows connected that means its phone is connected with the Phone suite but if shows disconnected check comport on phone suite from Settings>General>com port that should be same as shown on your
device manager. (Or that should be the maximum number com port) =20
- Then it will show connected in right corner of Micromax Phone suite
- Then on phone suite click on Settings>Create Connection.
- Click on New/Modify button now a sub window will open.
- Enter the fields according to the operators like Name: Aircel
user name: blank
password: blank Name: airtel
user name: blank
Password : blank
- Then click on “New” button and after that “Create” button now
installing modem will appear(if there is a error for window logo testing
while installation click on continue anyway)
- Now you get the message “Connection Created Successfully ” click on
- Now Click on Dial Up you’ll get your connection name.
- Select the Sim(sim1 or sim2) for which you have created the connection.
- Now click on Dial Up button.
- Then internet will be connected on your PC.
Connecting Micromax A70 with PC by data cable.
- Open Main Menu
- Select Setting
- Wireless and Network
- Tethering & Portable hotspot
- Select USB Tethering.
Note: These were the instructions given by Micromax support people to connect A70 to internet from PC. My friend was successfully connected his mobile to PC. So same instructions i have given here. Request your feedback on the same.