HTC PC suites are used to synchronize contacts, calenders and bookmarks of web browser between your HTC smartphone and PC. The PC Suites of HTC will also help you to connect your smartphone as modem to your PC to access internet from your PC. The HTC PC Suite is knows as HTC Sync. This HTC Sync is compatible with all Android smartphones of HTC.
|HTC Sync Contact|
Features of HTC PC Suite HTC Sync:
- Sync contacts, Calender and bookmarks of browser
- Install third party Android application to your HTC smartphone from PC
- Move photos, videos and songs to your phone from PC.
HTC Smartphones and HTC PC suite: For Android smartphone and HTC smart the PC suite is HTC Sync. For Windows OS based smartphones, the Windows mobile device center and Microsoft Active Sync( Works with Windows XP or earlier) will work as PC Suites.
System requirements to install HTC PC Suite- HTC Sync:
- Intel® Pentium® III or higher processor clock speed recommended
- 1GB of RAM or higher recommended
- XGA (1024 x 768) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
- 300 MB of available free hard disk space, and USB 2.0 is required
- Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition Service Pack 2 and 3 (32-Bit)
- Windows Vista Ultimate / Enterprise / Business/ Home Premium/ Home Basic Edition (32 & 64-Bit) Service Pack 1
- Windows 7 Ultimate/ Professional/ Home Premium / Home Basic Edition (32 & 64-Bit)
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2000, XP, 2003, 2007 and 2010-32 & 64bit.
Installation of HTC Sync for Android Smartphones
- Download the free HTC Sync PC suite from HTC help page. To free download HTC PC Suite Click here
- Click on “Setup_3.0.5579.exe” to install it to your PC.
- Follow the Installation Shield Wizard to finish the installation.
- It is highly recommended to close all running programs and temporarily exit your anti-virus program when you install the HTC Sync.
- Select the “Complete” Setup Type for faster and easier installation process, and then press “Install” to begin the installation. (For advanced users you could choose “Custom” to change the pre-defined shortcuts and the installed application folder path by your own.)
- After you saw the Install Shield Wizard Completed, please press “Finish” to exit the Wizard.
Connecting Phone and Running the HTC Sync:
- Use the USB cable to connect your phone to the PC
- When your phone prompts you to choose a type of USB connection, tap HTC Sync, and then tap Done.
- Wait for HTC Sync to recognize your phone. On the Device setup screen, enter a name for your phone.
- Click Save. The Device panel then opens. On the Device panel, you can set your sync options, see your phone’s general information, check the used and available space on your storage card, and begin synchronization.
- If you cannot see the HTC Sync option when you connect your phone to the computer via USB, please follow the Instructions below:
- Make sure you select USB Debugging in Settings > Applications > Development before connecting your phone to the computer
- Connect you Phone to the PC and wait 20 seconds for your phone to install HTC Sync on your phone.
- Unplug the USB sync cable. Wait for 5 seconds. Reconnect the Phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Select “HTC sync” and wait for HTC Sync to recognize your Phone. This process could take up to a minute your first time connecting to the computer.
- View the Help for detailed instructions of how to use the HTC Sync. (After you see the drop down menu by tapping the Help Button on the upper right corner, please tap the Help again to see the detailed instructions.)
- The installation process takes around one minute. It is still recommended that you close all programs on your PC prior to starting the installation program and do not open any applications or files while the installation is in process.
Note: This post is taken from help file of HTC support. The PC suite is downloaded directly from HTC site and i have just given the link for the same.
PC Suite For Windows Mobile OS based smartphones: For all Windows mobile OS based smartphones use Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center. For free download of Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center visit Microsoft help page.