Most of the HTC smartphones such as HTC Sensation, HTC explorer HTC Wildfire support tethering. Tethering is sharing the the internet with capable other devices. There are two popular ways for tethering. That are WiFi tethering and USB tethering. WiFi tethering is sharing internet with other Wi-Fi capable devices and USB tethering is sharing the internet through USB. For using your HTC smartphone as a Modem to connect your PC to internet you need to have basic things that are listed below.
Requirements for Using HTC mobiles as Modem to connect internet from PC
- HTC tethering enabled smartphone
- Mobile internet connection either 3G or GPRS.
- Computer with Windows XP with service pack 2 or higher
Steps to use HTC smartphone as a Modem through USB or USB tethering:
- Download and install PC sync to your PC. You can download free download this from Free HTC PcSync
- Connect your HTC smartphone to PC throgh USB cable.
- Turn on Data connection on your Smartphone
- On Choose a connection type screen, select USB tethering, and then tap Done.
Steps to use HTC smartphone as a Modem through WiFi or WiFi tethering:
- Turn on Data connection on your HTC smartphone
- On the home screen of the phone go to MENU > Settings > Wireless & networks and select Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Now your starts broadcasting the WiFi network
- You can stop WiFi Broadcasting by deselecting Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- For changing the network name and secure your connection Tap Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot setting in Wireless & networks menu.
- There is a limit on number of user connecting to your phone through WiFi tethering. Most of the HTC smartphone support upto 8 devices.
- Using WiFi tethering service will dry your Battery very quickly.
(Visited 90 times, 1 visits today)