The new Sony Xperia Tablet Z boasts 10.1 inch TFT touch screen with Mobile Bravia Engine 2 technology and has a resolution of 1920*1200p(~224 ppi pixel density). The Tablet is powered by Quad core 1.5GHz processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. It has 32GB of onboard storage with microSD support of upto 64GB.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z sports 8.1MP primary camera with Exmor imaging technology and LED flash, a features no rival can match as of now. Connectivity feature includes 4G LTE, NFC, 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB. The device comes with massive 6000 mAh battery and available in Black and white colors. Sony has included its proprietary S-Force virtual surround sound technology for enhanced audio quality.
Currently, Sony has unveiled Sony Xperia Tablet Z in only Japan. However, Technology websites abuzz that a global edition will be launched at the Mobile World Congress in February 2013. Sony earlier released two tablets Xperia Tablet S and Xperia Tablet p which were unable to attract the consumers.
Key Specifications of Sony Xperia Tablet Z:
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS; Planned upgrade to 4.2
- Quad core 1.5GHz Krait Processor with 2GB RAM and Adreno 320 GPU
- 10.1 inch display screen with 1200*1920 pixel resolution
- 8MP primary camera with LED flash which record 1080p videos at 30fps
- 2.2 MP front facing camera
- 32GB internal storage and expandable storage upto 64GB through microSD card
- Non removable Li-Po 6000 mAh battery