Connecting Windows Phone 8 based to Smartphone to Windows 8 PC
- Download the “Windows Phone app for desktop” by clicking here. Install it on the PC
- Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable comes with the phone
- Once you have connected your Windows phone to PC, the app automatically launches. If not, then launch the “Windows Phone app for desktop” App.
- When you connect your device for the first time, Windows shows a message asking, whether you are interested to participate in WP app improvement program. It is your choice. Select your choice and move ahead to next step
- Now you get a screen asking the Name for your device. You can either keep the default or you can enter your choice name. Also there is a checkbox through which you can set automatic imports of photos as soon as you connect your device to PC. If you are interested, you can select it and click ‘All done’ button
- In the app main screen, you will find installed apps on your phone. You can even download and install the apps for your phone from the store.
Transferring files using the Windows File Explorer: The above mentioned method you can install apps on phone. This method will only transfer files between your phone and the PC. Just go to My Computer-> select the device and the choose the directory which you want to copy or paste the file.