Samsung Galaxy S4 sports 5 inch Full HD resolution of 1080*1920 pixels which is equivalent to massive 441 ppi pixel density. The device comes with two major variants based on the chipset The first one is I9500 which is powered by Quad core 1.9GHz Krait processor powered with Adreno 320 GPU and Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset. The second variant is I9505 which is powered by Exynos 5 Octa core (Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7) processor with PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU. Both variants have 2GB of RAM.
The new Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with 13MP primary autofocus camera with LED flash and 2MP front facing camera. Both the cameras can shoot videos at 1080p resolution. The device is powered by Li-ion 2600 mAh battery. For internal storage, device comes with 3 options between 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. The connectivity features of S4 are GPRS,EDGE, 3G(HSDPA, 42.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 MBPS), WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, USB and 4G LTE. You can read more new features of this on Samsung Galaxy S4 features.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy S4:
Pros of Galaxy S4:
- Large screen size but without increase in the overall size of phone compared to its predecessor
- Gorgeous, sharp and Crisp Display screen. The massive 1080p screen which produces 441 ppi pixel density, it is pleasure to watch graphics, videos and text.
- Powerful performance with both the chipset. Both Snapdragon 600 chipset as well as Exynos 5 Octa gives almost zero lag performance along with 2GB RAM.
- Intuitive new features and super fined user interface.
Cons of Galaxy S4:
- The design is almost identical to S3. Though it is one of the most costliest phone in the market, it doesn’t feels premium on its looks. The same glossy plastic body will not be pleasing for all.
- Camera performance on low light is average. The video recording capability also very impressive though it has 13MP sensor.
- Display is not bright as compared to competitor models. The sunlight legibility also not great
- Mediocre call quality
- No FM Radio
Samsung Galaxy S4 Specifications:
- Chipset:Exynos 5 Octa 5410/Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600
- Processor:Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7/Quad-core 1.9 GHz Krait 300
- GPU:PowerVR SGX 544MP3/Adreno 320
- RAM: 2GB
- User Interface:TouchWiz UI
- Battery:Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery
- Primary Camera:13MP auto focus Primary camera with LED flash
- Camera Features:Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, HDR
- Video Recording: 1080p@30fps, dual-video rec
- Secondary Camera:2 MP,1080p@30fps, dual video call
- Weight:130 g (4.59 oz)
- Dimensions:136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm (5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31 in)
- Main Display: 5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen resolution:1080 x 1920 pixels(~441 ppi pixel density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- In-Built Storage: 16GB/32GB/64GB
- Expandable memory: Yes. Supports microSD card upto 64GB
- Connectivity:GPRS,EDGE, 3G(HSDPA, 42.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 MBPS), WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, USB and 4G LTE