Honeywell is a well-known brand for providing immersive world-class cutting-edge, immersive technologies that improve quality of life for people around the globe. Some of the key achievements of Honeywell are generating clean, healthy energy and using it more efficiently, increasing safety and security, enabling people to connect, communicate, and collaborate.
Bengaluru – one of the key innovation hubs for the company
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) started its operation in Bengaluru in 1994. Currently, it has more than 4,000 engineers and two state-of-the-art technology development centers. Recently it has set up a new campus with an investment of $223M, to develop cutting-edge connected offerings to serve its local and global customers alike.
Some of the top technologies which are developed in Bengaluru are listed below.
1. Honeywell Connected Freight: Helping to reduce losses and waste
Transiting high value and perishable goods always have the risk of getting damaged. Honeywell with its Connected Freight technology, helps to monitor these goods in transit helping prevent damage, loss, and theft.
Honeywell Connected Freight: how it works?
The solution consists of cost-effective sensor tags that sense a range of environmental conditions, such as temperature or vibration.
- Each individual package can be fitted with inexpensive, single-use sensor tags that measure temperature, shock, tilt, light, and humidity and transmit readings to a communications gateway.
- The gateway then forwards alerts and relevant data to the tracking application, which can be accessed remotely.
- Logistics companies can achieve real-time visibility to the status and conditions of high-value goods shipments throughout transit.
- Data is available within minutes of being measured by Connected Freight, allowing logistics companies to respond quickly.
2. Honeywell smart-city technologies: making cities smarter, safer, and productive
- Honeywell is already playing a defining role in the growth of India’s 100 Smart Cities.
- They are strategic partners with state governments and local authorities to implement Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled citywide security and surveillance systems, including the installation of 10,000 closed-circuit televisions (CCTVs), emergency response solutions, automatic number plate reading system (ANPR), and intelligent traffic management technologies at work in 65 cities and towns across the country.
- Honeywell designed sensors to capture data, analyze it, and turn it into information that enables better situational awareness for decision makers, aiding their smart city and surveillance goals.
Honeywell already implemented this technology in several cities. Here is the list to name few.
- Bhubaneswar Smart City Initiative: In February 2015, it installed 114 closed-circuit television cameras at 28 strategic locations in the city to help boost security, prevent crime, and control traffic in Bhubaneswar.
- Aurangabad City Surveillance Project: In the same year, Honeywell India installed 30 fixed cameras, 10 pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) cameras, 180-degree directional cameras, a CCTV control room, and monitoring center across 30 locations in Aurangabad.
- Madhya Pradesh 11-City Wide Surveillance: Later, Honeywell India secured its second largest integrated city surveillance project, spanning 823 locations across 11 cities in the state of Madhya Pradesh that entailed installation of 4,200 cameras, including ANPR cameras, and monitoring via a command and control room, supported by software and servers across 80 locations, and surveillance systems on public call response (PCR) vans.
- Rajkot Smart City and Surveillance Initiative: Recently, Honeywell deployed more than 450 integrated closed-circuit televisions (CCTVs) and Wi-Fi at 13 key public places, supported by software and servers across 107 strategic locations in the city.
3. Honeywell connected plant: shaping the future of refineries and plants
- Honeywell Connected Plant combines unmatched industry expertise, software and, cloud
technologies to make its customers’ operations more reliable, profitable and secure than ever before possible. It connects processes, assets, and people to continually redefine optimal performance.
- Honeywell Connected Plant encompasses the complete array of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)- infrastructure, including smart sensors and controllers, distributed control systems, cloud solutions for gathering and analyzing data, as well as predictive analytics and mobility.
- Honeywell Trace™ is a powerful data collection software and change management system. Documenting data up to 300 times more frequently than other solutions and providing the most powerful search and analysis functions, Honeywell Trace™ helps reduce costs, increase reliability and boost performance.
- Terminal Manager: Honeywell Terminal Manager software integrates with the Experion® Process Knowledge System (PKS) platform and other offerings to provide a complete terminal automation solution. The software manages critical issues facing bulk liquid terminals such as complexity in handling multiple products and regulatory requirements while improving safety and productivity.
4. Honeywell connected aircraft: making travel safer, smarter, and efficient
Connectivity is revolutionizing the aerospace industry and Honeywell has taken a lead in delivering a high-speed Wi-Fi era in the skies. We are differentiated by our breadth and depth of technologies.
- Advanced technology solutions like voice assistants for pilots, augmented reality displays,
and 3D printed components in cockpits is helping make air travel safer and more efficient for both pilots and passengers.
- Honeywell SmartView: Unlike a conventional primary flight display that shows only the sky and land in 2-dimension separated by a line, Honeywell’s version of synthetic vision called SmartView shows a 3-dimension rendering of the world outside with terrain, runways, and obstacles. It’s a more intuitive and familiar way of displaying position information because pilots don’t have to cross-reference and interpret multiple 2D displays. SmartView, also guides pilots into the runway with helpful symbiology.
A new 3D printed frontier: You might not be able to see the components made at Honeywell’s 3D printing lab on your next flight, but these aircraft parts are lighter than ever before. 3D printing improves aircraft reliability by streamlining the assembly process for complicated parts.