Galaxy Ace S5830 was the TFT capacitive touch screen featuring Android smartphone from Samsung. The device had features like 3.5 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with resolution of 320 x 480 pixels(~165 ppi pixel density) and Corning Gorilla Glass protection, 800 MHz ARM 11 CPU based on Qualcomm MSM7227 Snapdragon S1 Soc and 278MB of RAM. The internal stortage on this device is 158MB and microSD card support upto 32GB.
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 had 5MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The camera was able to record videos at 480p resolution. The connectivity features of the device includes 2G, 3G, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth and mciroUSB. Galaxy Ace was powered by Li-Ion 1350 mAh battery.
Features of Samsung ACE GT-S5830:
- Android Froyo OS (Ver 2.2)
- 3.5 Inch capacitive touch screen
- 800 MHz ARM11 processor and Adreno 200 GPU
- 5MP camera with auto focus.
- WiFi Tethering and Wifi Hotspot.
- 2G, 3G, Bluetooth and GPS
- Swype enabled QWERTY keypad.
- Proximity sensor.: This sensor turns off screen while we use the phone near our ear.
- Voice search
- Expandable Storage Capacity upto 32 GB through MicroSD
Update: Gingerbread update for Samsung Galaxy Ace is available. You can upgrade your Galaxy Ace by two ways. First one is to take your phone to service center and get it done and the other one is to Download Samsung Kies and connect your Galaxy Ace to computer follow the instruction to complete the upgradation. It takes around 1 hours to complete.
Pros and Cons of Samsung Ace S5830
Pros of Ace S5830
- Android 2.2 Froyo.
- Small and Stylish design.
- 5MP camera with Auto focus and LED photo light.
- Battery life.
- Proximity sensor
- WiFi tethering
- WiFi hotspot features.
Cons of Ace S5830
- There is no front camera for video calling on Samsung Ace.
- No flash support for web browsers.
Tips and Tricks of Samsung Ace GT S5830
Samsung Ace As a modem to PC: The guide to connect Samsung Galaxy ace to internet through PC studio is available in Samsung Ace GT- S5830 tethering guide.
- Map my India maps on Samsung Ace can be installed by a bit of tweaking.
- Back up your data on regular basis using Samsung PC suite to avoid accidental lose of data.
- Follow below mentioned tips to increase your battery life.
- Update your firmware. New Android Gingerbread upgrade for Samsung Galaxy Ace is available in some parts of world. So below is the step to upgrade Firmware of Samsung Galaxy Ace through Samsung Kies.
- Connecte the phone to PC through USB.
- Make sure PC is connected to Internet.
- Run Samsung Kies.
- Check for Update.
- If you find Firmware upgrade click on install. The update will be completed in around 30 minutes.
The guide to install apps on SD card of Samsung Galaxy Ace without rooting is given in my post Installing apps on SD card without rooting.
Tips to Increase Battery Life of Samsung Ace S5830
- Never overcharge battery:Ace battery will fully charged in approximately 3 hours. Do not keep the phone charging overnight.
- Charge the battery when battery less than 10%: Often recharging of battery will hamper the overall life of the battery.
- Use voltage stabilizer output to charge the battery: This will help in case of power surges and voltage fluctuations.
- Disable WiFi, 3G and WCDMA mode when not in use.3G, GPS, WiFi consumes more battery.
- Set display brightness automatic. By default it is set to fullest which will drain your battery. Change the back light timer to 15 sec.
- Use AC chargers rather than USB charger.
Price of Samsung Ace S5830: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 latest price in India was ₹13,900. Now this device is not available in the market. For the same price, you can now get Samsung Galaxy J5 which is way better spec smartphone compared to Galaxy Ace. It is nice to see the evolution of smartphones.