Samsung mobile PC suite is a collection of tools and drivers used to connect Samsung mobiles to PC and perform various tasks such as data back, firmware update etc. Depending on the operating systems of the mobiles and PC, there are different versions of Samsung PC suites are available. The most popular PC suite for Samsung mobile is Samsung Kies desktop application. Another application is Samsung PC studio. But this application is discontinued and the features are added to the Samsung Kies itself. Samsung also released Samsung Kies Air, which is a mobile app through which you can connect to PC from Samsung Mobiles wirelessly. Let us have quick features of Samsung Kies Mobiles PC suite for Desktops.
1. Samsung Kies 3 : This is the latest version of Samsung Mobile PC suite. Samsung has done lot of tweaking and improvement on the performance. Even the size of the application too reduced by around 40% compared previous versions of Samsung Kies. This desktop application from Samsung is compatible with the devices which runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or later. Below are the system requirements for the same. You can read more on this in my another post Samsung Kies 3 Features and Download.
System Requirement for Samsung Kies 3 PC suite
- Operating system: Windows XP(SP3), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8**.
- Processor: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz or above (recommended).
- RAM: 512MB (recommended).
- Free Disk Space required: At least 200MB (recommended).
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 (32 bit or above).
- Other required softwares:
- For Windows XP : Windows Media Player 11 or above.
- For Windows 7 and 8 OS N, KN : Windows Media Feature Pack.
Samsung Kies 3 Compatible devices: As said earlier, this version is compatible with only the device which runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or later. So currently, Kies 3 Samsung Mobile PC suite is compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear.
Samsung Kies 2.6: This is the most commonly compatible Mobile PC suite for Samsung mobiles. There are many updates are released for this series. When you download and install Samsung Kies, it is highly recommended to connect to internet and update to the latest version.
System Requirements for Samsung Kies 2.6 Mobile PC suite
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or above (recommended).
- RAM: 1.00GB (recommended).
- Free Hard Disk space required: At least 500MB (recommended).
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (32 bit or above).
- Other Required software:
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or above.
- Windows Media Player 10 or above.
- DirectX 9.0C or above.
1. Windows 8 N and Windows 8 KN editions require Microsoft’s “Media Feature Pack” which includes Windows Media Player and its corresponding support software. You can get the Media Feature Pack from the Microsoft homepage.
2. If using Kies with Windows 8 operating systems, please be advised that currently only Samsung Android OS and BADA OS based mobile devices are supported.
How to Download Samsung Mobile PC suite for Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8
You can directly download Samsung Kies Mobile PC suite from the official support page if you know the exact version of PC suite compatible with your device. Other wise, there is a provision in the Samsung support page where in you can choose your model and download the appropriate Samsung Kies. You can refer my post on How to download Samsung Mobile PC suite for Windows for detailed instructions on the same. For downloading Samsung Kies Air app, you can get it from Google play store or Samsung app store.
Video on How to download free Samsung Mobile PC suite
How to use Samsung Mobile as modem or WiFi Hotspot
All the recently launched Samsung smartphones running on Android OS can be used as modem to connect to internet. Sharing the mobile data to PC through USB cable is called as USB tethering. If you want to share your mobile data, then you can use Bluetooth tethering or through WiFi hotspot. I have written a detailed step by step instruction on tethering on Samsung Galaxy smartphones in How use Samsung mobiles as modem to connect to internet from PC.
Samsung Kies Mobile PC suite compatible devices
Samsung C3112, Samsung C6625, Samsung Champ Camera 3303, Samsung Corby Pro GT-B5310, Samsung Duo GT-B7722, Samsung Galaxy 3, Samsung GALAXY 3 GT-i5801,Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, Samsung Galaxy Europa GT-i5500, Samsung Galaxy Gio, Samsung Galaxy Grand,Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Pro (GT-B7510), Samsung Galaxy R, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini, Samsung Galaxy S 4 Zoom, Samsung Galaxy S Advance, Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S III Mini, Samsung Galaxy S IIIα, Samsung Galaxy S Plus, Samsung Galaxy SL I9003, Samsung Galaxy Spica, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0), Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, Samsung Galaxy trend, Samsung Galaxy W, Samsung Galaxy Y, Samsung Galaxy Y Pro, Samsung GT-C3200, Samsung GT-C3330 Champ 2, Samsung GT-C6712 STAR II Duos, Samsung GT-E2652, Samsung GT-S3370, Samsung GT-S3850 Corby 2, Samsung GT-S5233S, Samsung GT-S5260, Samsung i8910HD, Sidekick 4G, Samsung Galaxy Ace 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (This is compatible with Kies 3)