Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro Duos is powered by 1.2GHz Cortex-A5 Quad core processor with 1GB of RAM. The device comes with 4.7 inch TFT capacitive touch screen with a screen resolution of 480×800 pixels with 16M color depth and 199 ppi pixel density. The internal storage capacity is 8GB out of which 4.7 GB user available. Galaxy Grand Quattro supports MicroSD card up to 32GB.
For Connectivity, Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro Android Dual SIM phone supports 2G,3G, Dual band WiFi, Bluetooth, DLNA, GPS and USB. This Galaxy Grand Quattro can be used as a modem to connect to internet from PC using the WiFi tethering and USB tethering features. The device support Samsung Kies Desktop PC suite application through which you can back up your contact, sync your data with PC and even update your phone from your PC.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552 sports 5Mega pixel auto focus camera with LED flash. It can record 720p HD videos at 15 frames per second(fps). There is also a front facing camera to enrich video calling and video chatting experience. The device houses Li-2000 mAh battery which manages to lasts for day with moderate usage.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Quattro is going to compete with the likes of other budget quad core Smartphones such as Micromax Canvas HD. Below are some of the key advantages and Disadvantages of Galaxy Grand Quattro Duos.
Advantages and Disadvantage of Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro Duos I8552
- Dual SIM support and Android Jelly Bean OS
- Large display size
- Quad core processor with 1GB of RAM
- 720p HD video recording capability
- Decent battery life
- No Ambient light sensor. It is surprising that though it is a mid range Smartphone, the essential sensor like ambient light sensor being missed out.
- The quad core processor is of old architecture. Hence it looks good on paper but performs below dual core processor of Cortex A9 architecture
- The display is not IPS grade or AMOLED screen. There is no Cornering Gorilla Glass protection
- Design and build is not look unique. The similar design we have seen in many galaxy phones which are entry as well as in high end devices.
Key Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro Duos I8552
- Dual sim (GSM+GAM)
- Android Jelly Bean Ver.4.1
- 4.7 TFT capacitive touch screen with screen resolution of 480×800 pixels with 16M color depth and 199 ppi pixel density
- 5MP auto focus primary camera with LED flash and VGA front facing camera
- 2G,3G, Dual band WiFi, Bluetooth, DLNA, GPS and USB.
- Li-ion 2000 mAh battery
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Cortex A5 processor with 1GB of RAM
- Dimensions:70.7×133.3×9.7 mm
- Weight:143.9 g