Samsung Galaxy Star is the most affordable dual SIM Android Smartphone from Samsung. It is powered by 1GHz Cortex A5 processor with 512MB of RAM. The Samsung Galaxy Star price in India is ₹4990(approximately $90).
Samsung Galaxy Star features 2.9 inch TFT capacitive touch screen with a screen resolution of 320*240 pixels and 137 ppi pixel density. The internal storage of the device is 4GB and it supports microSD card upto 32GB. For connectivity, it has 2G,WiFi, Bluetooth and USB. Samsung Galaxy Star houses 1200 mAh battery which promises to provide upto 14 hours of talk time and 320 hours of standby time.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy Star
Pros of Galaxy Star
- Attarctive price tag
- Compact in size
- Dual sim functionality with Android Jelly Bean OS
Cons of Galaxy Star
- No 3G connectivity
- Very poor screen viewing angles as well as screen resolution
- Only 2MP primary camera and there no LED flash
- Laggy performance
- Low battery life
Key Samsung Galaxy Star Specification
- Processor: 1GHz Cortex A5
- GPU:Mali 300
- Battery:Li-Ion 1200 mAh battery
- Stand-by time:Up to 14 hrs (2G)
- Talk time:Up to 320 hrs (2G)
- Primary Camera:2 MP fixed focus
- Secondary Camera:No
- Weight:100.5 g
- Dimensions:58×104.95×11.9 mm
- Main Display:2.9 Inch TFT capacitive touch screen
- Screen resolution:320 x 240 Pixels(~137 ppi pixel density).
- In-Built Storage:4GB
- Expandable memory:Yes. Supports microSD card upto 32GB
- Connectivity:Wi-Fi, 2G,Bluetooth and microUSB 2.0
Summary: It is one of the most affordable Galaxy Smartphone as of today. But is it a worth buy?. Looking at the overall performance and comparing with other budget Smartphones in this segment, this is not a value for money product. What you feel. Do you think Samsung Galaxy Star is a worth for its price? Share it in comment section.