Micromax Canvas 4 is a newly launched flagship smartphone from Micromax. It is quad core Dual sim smartphone with 720p HD display screen and the device runs on latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Operating System. Micromax Canvas 4 price in India is Rs.17999. However, many online shopping portals priced this device starting Rs.15000.
The Canvas 4 sports the same quad core MediaTek processor and 1GB of RAM which we have seen in the Canvas HD. The major upgrade is the camera. Now the Micromax Canvas 4 has 13MP primary camera and 5MP front facing camera. Both cameras are capable of recording HD videos. The built in storage capacity is 16GB and supports microSD card for memory expansion.
Another added features of Micromax Canvas 4 are the new gesture controls and some of the newly added apps. Some of the gesture controls you can use with this Micromax Canvas phone are, simple flip the phone on its face to drop a call, Flipping it over during the call switches to loudspeaker, putting the phone to your ear when a contact is open on the display, dials the number. Most of the gesture controls of the device works good. However, there is lag or delay is observed.
The Micromax Canvas 4 has the regular connectivity features such as 2G,3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS. The device has 5 inch IPS display screen with a screen with a screen resolution of 1280*720 pixels. The problem with these devices are the future OS upgrades and lack of PC suite. Micromax Canvas 4 PC suite is not available. However, micromax is providing the drivers for it. You can download that and use it with third party PC suite.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Micromax Canvas 4 A210
Pros of Micromax Canvas 4
- Crisp display screen with good viewing angles and color depth
- Smooth multitasking performance
- Good camera
- New pre installed apps
- The gesture controls
- Dual sim support
Cons of Micromax Canvas 4
- Average build quality
- Lack of OS future update support
- Real Racing game doesn’t runs
- The CPU is same as that of Canvas HD
- Little overpriced
How to take screenshot on Micromax Canvas 4
For performing screen capture/ Print screen on Micromax Canvas 4, just press and hold volume down and power button simultaneously. The screenshot will be taken. Taken screenshot on Canvas 4 will be saved in Gallaery->Screenshot folder.
How to download Micromax Canvas 4 PC suite
For downloading Micromax Canvas 4 PC suite, read my earlier post on how to download Micromax PC Suite.
Micromax Canvas 4 A210 Specification
- Dual sim(GSM+GSM)
- 13 MP primary camera and 5 MP secondary camera
- 1.2GHz quad core MediaTek Processor with 1GB RAM
- 5 inch IPS LCD screen with 720p resolution and Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 16GB internal storage and expandable storage upto 32GB
- Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Operating System
- 2000 mAh battery with standby time upto 220 hours and 8 hours of talk time
- Proximity, Light sensor and G-Sensor.