Yamaha Ray Z is a scooter which is aimed to target male commuter unlike its predecessor Ray which according to Yamaha, is ladies only scooter. The new Yamaha Ray Z is more of a cosmetic changes over Ray keeping the same engine mechanism. The price of Yamaha Ray Z price in India starts from ₹48,555.
Yamaha Ray Z comes with a 113 cc air cooled 4 stroke engine, SOHC, 2 valve, single cylinder petrol engine which generates maximum power of 7 bhp at 7500 rpm and maximum torque of 8.1nm at 5500 rpm. It has automatic transmission to give easier ride on city traffic. The Ray Z has a bore of 50mm and 57.8mm of stroke. This scooters achieves 60 kmph from 0 in just 12 seconds and has top speed of 85 kmph.The new Yamaha Ray Z has dimensions of 1835 mm length, 675mm width and height of 1090mm.
Yamaha Ray Z has wheelbase of 1270mm and 128mm of ground clearance. The kerb weight of this is 104kg. It has 130mm of drum brake at front and rear. For suspension, it has telescopic suspension on front and unit swing rear suspension.Yamaha Ray Z provides kick start as well as self start. This vehicle is equipped with pass switch, clock and a clip on handle bars. It has all analogue instrument cluster with oil, fuel and battery indicators. It has 12v 35 watt Halogen headlamp which provides adequate lighting during the night.
Ray z has 12V 5Ah battery. The Yamaha Ray Z comes with three color shades namely lack Thunder, Regal Red and Pristine White. Yamaha provides warranty of 2 years or 24000 kms whatever comes earlier.
Yamaha Ray Z Mileage
Yamaha Ray Z is rated to provide city mileage of 45kmpl and 62.1kmpl on highways. It has fuel tank with capacity of 5 liters.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Yamaha Ray Z
Pros of Yamaha Ray Z:
- Stylish design
- Telescopic front shock absorbers for easy and comfortable ride
- Frugal engine with decent mileage for the category
Cons of Yamaha Ray Z:
- No Disc break Option
- No Digital instrument cluster
- There is no power up from the predecessor
Yamaha Ray Z Specifications
- Design: 4-stroke, Air cooled
- Displacement:113 cm³
- Torque:8.1 Nm @ 5000 RPM
- Power:7 HP @ 7,500 RPM
- Starting aid:Kick / Electric
Chassis and Other:
- Frame Type: Under-bone Type
- Front Suspension:Telescopic
- Rear Shock absorber:Unit Swing
- Brake system Front:Drum brake
- Brake system Rear:Drum brake
- Brake drum – diameter front:130 mm
- Brake drum – diameter rear:130 mm
- Front tyre:90/100- 10 inch
- Rear tyre:90/100- 10 inch
- Fuel tank capacity:5 L
- Ground clearance:128 mm
- Wheelbase :1270 mm
- Length:1835 mm
- Kerb Weight:104 kg
- Battery:12 Volt 5 Amp
- Head lights:12V 35/35 W X1