Micromax mobiles is one of the leading smartphone brands in India. Its Canvas series smartphones are hot sellers especially Canvas HD, Canvas HD 2 etc. Using Micromax Canvas Android smartphones as a modem or WiFi hotspot is very easy. It can be setup in few seconds. So here is the quick guide on tethering of Micromax Canvas Smartphones. This is tested on Micromax Canvas HD running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. It will work on all micromax mobiles running on Android ICS or later versions.
How to use Micromax Canvas Smartphone as WiFi Hotspot
We can use Micromax Android smartphones as WiFi Hotspot by using the WiFi tethering feature of Android. To do this, you need to have Internet data enabled on your smartphone.
1. Go To setting ->More..->Tethring &Portable hotspot
2. Slide the bar next to WiFi-Hotspot to right to enable
3. It takes few seconds to enable WiFi Hotspot. Now your smartphone starts sharing the Internet data through WiFi.
4. You can customise the Network id and password through the Configure under WiFi Hotspot.
5. Any WiFi enabled devices can detect the network and connect to it using the password.
How to Use Micromax Canvas Android Smartphone as Modem to connect to internet from PC
1.Download and install the Micromax Drivers for Canvas smartphone or your Android smartphone from clicking here.
2.Connect your Micromax Canvas phone to PC via USB cable.
3.Go To setting ->More..->Tethring &Portable hotspot
4. Tap on the checkbox next to USB tethring to enable.
5. PC will take few seconds to configure and PC will be connected to internet using your Micromax Android phone as modem.
If you face any difficulty in following this, share it in comment section so that I can help you troubleshoot.