Samsung Galaxy Trend Duos is the new dual sim Android smartphone. The device runs on Android 4.1 Jelly bean with Touchwiz user interface. It is available in multiple variants. The different variants are Galaxy Trend S7392,Samsung Galaxy Trend II S7570, Samsung GT-S7572, GT-S7570. Samsung Galaxy Trend S7392 price in India is Rs.8492.
Samsung Galaxy Trend S7392 is powered by 1GHz CRM Cortex A9 single core processor with 512MB of RAM and Videocore 4 based GPU. The device has 4 inch TFT capacitive touch screen with a screen resolution of 480×800 (WVGA). The pixel density is 233 ppi. The viewing angles are decent but not great.
Samsung Galaxy Trend has 3MP primary rear camera with camera features like CMOS Sensor, Single Shot, Panorama, Smile Shot, Share Shot, Photo Effects, White Balance, Timer, SF, 360 Deg Rotation. The cons of Galaxy trend is it does not has front facing camera as well as there is no LED flash. For connectivity, device has 2G, 3G, USB, Bluetooth and WiFi. Tethering of Samsung Galaxy Trend is possible as it runs on Android Jelly Bean OS. The battery of this dual sim smartphone is 1500 mAh which is rated to provide a talk time of 8 hours and stand by time of 350 hours.
Benchmark scores and Gaming experience
Samsung Galaxy Trend is not meant for gaming. It performance decent on games like Temple run, Temple run 2, Subway surfer, Dead Trigger. At time there is drop of frame rate and bit of lag. Below is the list of benchmark scores of the device.
Quadrant score:2785. CPU-2215, Memory: 3140 , 2D: 336, 3D:2365.
Antuntu benchmark score:7081.
Disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy Trend
We have seen the specifications of the Galaxy Trend. But before buying any new smartphone we need to know the cons of the device. It will help us to chose right phone for our requirements and money. So here is the quick list of cons of Galaxy Trend S7392.
1. The viewing angle are average.
2. There is no front facing camera
3. There is only 3MP camera and No LED flash
4. Misses key sensors like proximity sensor, light sensor etc.
Samsung Galaxy Trend Tips and Tricks
These are few tips on Galaxy Trend which will be useful for getting best out of your smartphone.
1. Use PC Suite: Samsung does provide free PC suite download to Galaxy Trend. Using this you can update your device to latest firmware, transfer files and sync contacts etc. The advantage of using Samsung Kies PC suite is you can download update on to your PC and then you can update your device from PC. You can learn more on Samsung Mobile PC free download.
2. Swipe left or right to send instant messaging or instant call: If you swipe left on your contact it will take you to message and swipe right will take you to call.
3. Using Galaxy Trend as modem: As i said in summary, you can use Samsung Galaxy Trend as modem to connect to internet. You can use via WiFi hotspot or via USB tethering. You can learn more on this my earlier post how to use Samsung Galaxy phones as modem.
4. Close unwanted apps: Galaxy Trend has only 512MB of RAM. So when ever you are playing games, close all the active apps before starting the game to get better experience.
5. Taking screen shot or print screen on Galaxy Trend: You can take screen shot or print screen on Galaxy Trend by holding Volume down key and menu key at a time.
Samsung Galaxy Trend Specification
- 4 inch TFT Capacitive touch screen with WVGA screen resolution and 233 ppi pixel density
- Dual sim GSM+GSM
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS with Touchwiz user interface.
- 1GHz single core processor with 512MB of RAM
- 2G, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and USB connectivity
- 1500 mAh battery which is rated to provide talk time upto 8 hours.
- 3MP primary rear camera