We have seen how competitive the mid range smartphones segment is now. Last year, when Moto G first launched, it changed perspective of a mid range smartphone. Then came Xiaomi Mi 3 which changed the market altogether. Now, we get smartphones with specification which was earlier available only on flagship smartphone with heavy prices at mid range prices. InFocus M810 is one of them. In paper, it has very good specification and it is priced at Rs.14,999. The device is available exclusively on Amazon.in. Now we will start our InFocus M810 Review and explore the merits and demerits of this smartphone.
InFocus M810 is powered by Snapdragon 801 Soc with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. It has 16GB of internal storage and support microSD card. InFocus M810 runs on Android 5.0 OS with Inlife UI. The device supports USB OTG and NFC. It is good to see NFC support in a midrange smartphone. Nowadays, many smartphones doesn’t ship NFC in this segment smartphone. For example OnePlus 2, Xiaomi Mi4 etc. The overall performance of the device is very good. Even it handles most of the high end games without any hiccups. The phone gets heated up a bit while playing high end game.
InFocus M810 has 5.5 inch IPS Full HD screen(1920 x 1080 pixels) and 401 ppi pixel density. The viewing angles are good and videos look great. One demerits of InFocus M810 display is it is finger print magnet. The phones rear also gets covered with smudges after few minutes of usages.
InFocus M810 comes with Sony 13 MP sensor and F2.2 aperture with Dual tone LED flash. There is also 5MP front facing camera camera. The overall camera performance is decent in the segment. It capture 1080P HD videos. Videos quality came out well. Only low light snaps had few bit of grains. InFocus M810 has 2600 mAh battery. The battery life of this device is decent. It lasted for a day even when usage consist of high end game.
Advantages and Disadvantages of InFocus M810
Pros of InFocus M810
- Good performance: The overall performance in the device comparing the price is excellent.
- Premium and stylish design: The full-glass body (front and back panels) and the metal frame on the side make this looks unique and gives a premium feel.Black-gold colour combination also looks very good.
- Battery Life: The 2600 mAh battery is very good.
- Good Camera performance: Both rear and front facing camera performance is excellent in the segment.
- NFC and USB OTG support
- Great value for money
Cons of Infocus M810
- Low speaker output: The output of the speaker is not loud enough.
- Display and rear glass are finger print magnet: Both sides of the phone attracts smudges. Also, the screen is very reflective. Under sunlight legibility is not great.
- No 4K HD video recording: The camera performance is good but it would have been great if it had support for 4K videos.
- Very less service centers.
- No screen protection: You need to screen guards to protect the screen.
InFocus M810 Specification
- Single SIM
- Snapdragon 801 Soc with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU.
- 16GB of internal storage and support microSD card.
- Android 5.0 OS with Inlife UI
- 5.5 inch IPS Full HD screen
- 13MP primary camera and 5MP front facing camera
- 2600 mAh battery.