Samsung Galaxy J5 is one of the midrange dual sim Android smartphone. It is touted as one of the gaming smartphone. Specifications of Galaxy J5 is impressive. But what about performance? Let us look into this, through our Samsung Galaxy J5 Review.
Samsung Galaxy J5 is powered by 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 Quad Core Processor with 1.5GB of RAM and Adreno 306 GPU. The device has 8GB internal storage in that 5GB is available for user and support for microSD card upto 128GB. Galaxy J5 supports USB OTG and supports moving the apps to SD card. The device runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with Touchwiz UI on top of it. The day to day performance and gaming experience on this device is decent. Even while playing high end games, device does not becomes hot. The temperature remains less than 40 degree.
Samsung Galaxy J5 sports 5 inch Super AMOLED screen with 720p HD resolution and 294 ppi pixel density. The display looks vivid and sharp. The viewing angles and color production are really good. This is probably cheapest Android dual sim smartphone with Super AMOLED screen as of now.
Samsung Galaxy J5 has 13MP rear camera with LED flash. It also has 5MP front facing camera with LED falsh. The camera performance is good enough in this budget. As it is does not have optical image stabilisation, taking photos on low light is little tricky as shaky hand may results in poor quality images. The front facing camera does perform well along with LED flash.
Samsung Galaxy J5 supports dual sim and either of the sim can be used for 4G connectivity. The connectivity features of the device includes 2G, 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi, microUSB and Tethering. The call quality on this device is decent. The sound output via speakers is bit low. Coming to sensors in the device it has only Accelerometer, Hall Sensor and Proximity Sensor. The sensors like Compass, Accelerometer etc are missing. The device is powered by 2600 mAh battery which lasts for full day with normal usage. However, on a casual usage it lasts close to 2 days. For downloading Samsung Galaxy J5 PC suite refer my previous post on how to download Samsung Kies.
How to use Samsung J5 as Modem: Guide on how to access net from Pc using Galaxy J5 as modem.
Advantages and disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy J5
Let us summarize the Samsung Galaxy J5 review based on the key merits and demerits.
Pros of Galaxy J5
- Display: For 12k budget, 5 inch Super AMOLED screen is very good.
- Camera performance: Both rear and front camera performance are decent.
- Battery life: Battery life on this device good.
- Overall performance: Overall performance of the device is satisfactory.
- Latest Android out of the box: The device runs on Android 5.1.1 out of the box.
Cons of Galaxy J5
- Low speaker output: The loudness of the speaker is bit low.
- Low quality bundled earphone: The earphone which is bundled with the box is of low quality.
- Lack of basic sensors: The sensors like Compass, Ambient light sensor etc are missing.
- Less free RAM space: While using both the sim cards, almost 600MB of RAM is always used by the system files.
Samsung Galaxy J5 Specifications
- Android v5.1 (Lollipop) OS with Touchwiz UI.
- 13 MP Primary Camera with LED flash.
- 5 MP Secondary Camera with Front Flash.
- 5 inch Super AMOLED Capacitive Touchscreen with 720p resolution.
- 1.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8916 Quad Core Processor with 1.5GB RAM.
- Dual Standby Sim (LTE + GSM).
- 8GB internal storage. Approximately 5GB user available.
- Expandable Storage Capacity of 128 GB.
- 2600 mAh battery.